Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Udon interview preview

Just got back an interview from Udon for the next issue of the zine. Here's a little preview of the interviews and some flicks....

In your opinion what's the difference between graffiti  bombers and graffiti artists?

The bomber and the artist are equally important but to me, the bombing is the foundation
and each person gets to decide how much artist they are.
I think anyone willing to get arrested for painting is a bomber... artist or tagger... whatever
but that persons level of dedication determines how much more of a bomber or artist they are.
A bomber must always be prepared to get popped, get got, get in to whatever the streets offer. Knowing bus routes, side cuts, alleys, which garbage cans and trucks come out when. Basically foot patrol often.
My bomber mind is more militant. Impatient. Angry. Hyphy. Whatever. Almost machine, but I balance it with that ʻartistʻ mind. I think everyone does. I mean we got bus hoppin and thats bombin, but then we got fillins, thats like a little bit of artist. Straights to pieces, from legal walls, to chill spots, to freight yards, to freeways and streets. It goes back and forth. Sometimes I cant get my ideas out, so I just bomb. My artist mind, more easy, eerie, maybe even weirdoʻd out, like some meditation zones. I do art at the house. It's pretty much like my warm up to go paint, but if I were say the difference in the artist-the artist is more chill and patient-the pieces and the color schemes-thought content-these things all grow... without the dangers of bombing .An artist can sit back a create maybe more
elaborate skill... still.... I would prefer to see the art of some one who really bombs/ bombed..
then that ʻartʻ makes more sense to me.. it's alive. Next question...



No comments:

Post a Comment