Thursday, August 26, 2010

Escape from the hospital

So since this blog is mostly dedicated to graffiti and since almost that everyone that does graffiti has a good chase story or just a story about something that happened while out painting I've decided to share some stories of things that have happened to me while I've been out taking photos.

So about a year ago I started seeing pictures online of this abandoned building that people started painting. It turned out to be an abandoned hospital. I looked into it and found out where it was and went early one Sunday morning by myself to get pictures. I flicked most of everything in the building and left without any hassle.

Fast forward to about 6 months later and I decide one Saturday afternoon to go back and take pictures there again figuring there would be some new stuff there and also there was another building up a hill from the main building which I hadn't had a chance to get. So I head out there, park my car down the street, walk up, hop the main fence and walk past the main building up a hill to a smaller building.

I take some pictures up there and then decide to head back down to the main building. As I'm walking down the hill I see a security truck turning the corner and I instantly turn out and book up the hill and duck down hoping I wasn't seen. I went back into one of the buildings to the second floor to get a good vantage point of where the security guard was.

At this point he was basically doing rounds around the main entrance, so it was obvious I wasn't going back that way. I started hiking up the hill through a wooded area hoping I'd find another way out without being seen. So I finally got to a fence and of course it's barb wire at the top. So I just walked the length of the fence hoping eventually I'd find a hole to climb through or a section that didn't have barb wire at the top. I finally found a section of fence where there wasn't any barb wire at the top and climbed over it. Of course it was on top of a hill and as soon as I jumped off the fence I hit the ground at full speed and proceeded to roll down the hill for a little bit.

Finally all covered in dirt and blood (I managed to cut my hand climbing the fence) I found my way back to the street, walked back to my car, and went home and cleaned myself off.

Anyway here's some pictures from the hospital. Hopefully I'll get back there again one day when I don't have to run from security. More stories to come including how I thought I was going to get stuck in a sewer tunnel and how I thought I broke my ankles falling off the roof of a building.






No comments:

Post a Comment